Nanded: Nearly 2,000 individuals suffered food poisoning after consuming food at a religious event in Maharashtra’s Nanded district. The event in Koshtwadi village led to vomiting and loose motions among attendees from neighboring villages. ‘
Initially, 150 were admitted to Loha’s sub-district hospital, later rising to 870 across various health facilities. Samples were taken for investigation, and five teams surveyed affected areas. A rapid response team is probing the incident. Fortunately, no fatalities occurred, and patients are stable, prompting plans for discharges after treatment.