Two killed, over 40 ill after drinking contaminated water in Yadgir district

0
85
Contaminated water

Two persons allegedly died and more than 40 fell ill after they allegedly drank contaminated water in Hothapet village in Shahpur taluk in Yadgir district, according to  media reports.

The incident came to the fore on Wednesday. According to the authorities, the deaths occurred on Monday, and the residents of the village have been sick ever since.

Fear has gripped the entire village, and most of the residents have developed symptoms of vomiting and diarrhea. The health authorities have set up a camp to monitor the situation.

Honnappa Gowda and Eramma have been identified as the deceased. The residents charged that the gram panchayat has been supplying water that is not fit for drinking but authorities said that the water is fit for drinking. The locals are worried about a cholera outbreak, but the health officials said it is not cholera, but most of the residents have experienced diarrhea, and vomiting, and water is now being supplied through water tankers said the officials.

Officials said that Honappa Gowda might have died due to other health reasons including drinking the water, the officials said that the other deaths that happened in the village are not because of the contaminated death.

The Hubli Express is on WhatsApp now, you can join the WhatsApp group by clicking the link >>>>>  https://chat.whatsapp.com/Hrmohnx3bkrEJRIv9kQsyD  >>>>>>> You can follow us on Facebook @HubliExpress

 

700905

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here