Bengaluru: Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai announced the setting up of the Kittur Karnataka Development Board for the comprehensive development of the Kittur Karnataka region.
- He also announced the setting up of IVF clinics at four medical sciences institutes in the state at an estimated cost of Rs 6 crore each; KIMS will also house the IVF clinic.
- The CM also stated that the standards for converting Bidar and Raichur CMCs to Municipal Corporations will be inspected.
- Of the five airports that are coming up at Shivamogga, Vijayapura, Raichur, Hassan, and Karwar, this year Shivamogga and Vijayapura airports will be made operational: CM
- For the construction of the airport in Ballari, administrative approval has been granted, and it would be built under the PPP model.
- The state government will allot Rs 320 crore for the upgradation of Mysuru airport.
- A feasibility report for the construction of an airport in Koppal and Davangere has been prepared, and steps will be taken to begin construction.
- Mega textile parks will be built in Raichur, Vijayapura, Kalaburgi, and Chikkamagaluru, with mini textile parks built in 25 locations throughout the state.
- Nekar Samman assistance has been increased to Rs 5,000 from Rs 3,000.
- A start-up park at an estimated cost of Rs 30 crore will be built near Kempegowda International Airport.
- For the development of Anjanadri Hill, various development works at an estimated cost of Rs 100 crore have been initiated.