Hubballi: In a fire accident, three houses suffered damages in Mantur on Thursday. The first house where the fire broke out was almost gutted, and the other two houses adjacent to that house also suffered significant damages, according to the sources.
According to the police, the fire broke out in Kahsimsab’s house due to an electrical short circuit, and the inmates of the house were out when this incident happened. The fire soon engulfed the house, and a cylinder kept in the kitchen was also blasted. Soon, the fire spread to the Malleshappa and Davalsab houses adjacent to Khasim Sab’s house.
Due to the fire accident, around Rs 8 lakh in cash, 60 grams of gold, silver articles, and paper documents kept in the house were gutted. The firefighters, with great effort, doused the fire, according to police sources.