Hubballi: Due to derailment of 7 wagons of a coal loaded goods train on the Jumnal – Mulvad section (UP Line at km 164/900- 165/000) of Gadag – Hotgi line at about 12.42 AM restoration work is in progress. Therefore the following trains have been cancelled:
- 06919/20 SSS Hubballi – Vijayapura – SSS Hubballi Special journey commencing on 24.10.2022
- 07332 SSS Hubballi – Solapur Passenger Special 24.10.2022
- 07321 Solapur – Dharwad passenger special journey commencing on 25.10.2022
- 11305 Solapur – Gadag Express journey commencing on 24.10.2022
- 11306 Gadag – Solapur Express journey commencing on 25.10.2022
- 07330 Vijayapura – SSS Hubballi Express Special journey commencing on 24.10.2022
The following trains are partially cancelled
- 07377 Vijayapura – Mangaluru Express journey commencing on 24.10.2022 is partially cancelled between Vijayapura – SSS Hubballi.
Senior Officers of SWR rushed to the site from Hubballi as well as are monitoring the restoration closely from the Control Room at HQ Office, Hubballi.
As it is a double line section, ‘temporary single line’ working has been introduced for expeditiously dispatching the trains (towards Solapur) on the non-affected line. This has been done by deploying additional staff for despatching the trains manually, considering it is the Deepavali festival today. This arrangement avoids the need for the trains to wait
to be passed until the restoration is over. The ‘down’ line that is free of obstruction is being used for operating trains in both directions.
Parallelly restoration is being carried out by our dedicated team of officers and staff. 140 Tonne Crane with Break-Down Special (restoration equipment with technicians) has been despatched during the night from both Hubballi and Solapur. The crane from Hubballi has reached Mulvad at 6.20 AM, and the one despatched from Solapur has reached Tadval.
Efforts are on to re-rail the derailed wagons at the earliest. Further updates will follow.