spot_img
spot_img
spot_img
spot_img
30.3 C
Hubli
Tuesday, September 27, 2022
HomeStateCM Bommai release a booklet on six month achievements of the government released

CM Bommai release a booklet on six month achievements of the government released

Bengaluru: Apart from being aware of the plight of the people, ours is a government with a humane conscience committed to serving the people, Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai said.

He was speaking after releasing a booklet ‘Bhavya Bhavishyakkagi Bharavaseya Hejjegalu’ at a function to mark the completion of 6 months of his government.

“We are committed to working for the welfare of the people. Every decision we take is intended to ameliorate the plight of the people. I have the full cooperation of my cabinet in taking these decisions,” Bommai said.

Rs24,000cr development works amid Covid

Development works to the tune of Rs24000cr had been taken up amid the Covid crisis. The crop loss compensation for farmers has been doubled. Sandhya Suraksha, Widow pension and pension for the physically challenged has been increased. These decisions have benefited about 58 lakh people and it reflects the conscience of the government, he said.

Raitha Vidya Nidhi programme has been launched to provide scholarships for students from farmers’ families. About 4.50 lakh students have benefited from the programme. Children of construction workers too have been covered under the Scholarship programme and over 5 lakh students have benefited, Bommai said.

Comprehensive development of the state

Our government’s aim is to make the people stakeholders in development, not mere beneficiaries. Karnataka is in the 4th spot in GDP. Only 30% of the people are contributing to it. The remaining 70% are toiling for their livelihood. Programme for their economic empowerment has been formulated. Financial capital for 7500 Sthree Shakthi groups and New Employment Policy for the youth are part of this, he said.

Development of Agriculture

A Secondary Agriculture Directorate is being established to realise Prime Minister Modi’s vision to double farmers’ income. Opportunities are being created through diary farming, sericulture and horticulture, he said.

Work is worship

It is the working class that drives economic growth. Work is worship. It is the motto of our government. The government’s policies are industry-friendly and foster innovation and industrial development. It is a matter of pride that Karnataka is attracting 45% of the foreign direct investment in the country. Big boost is being given for ease of doing business and setting up startups which in turn will spur GDP growth in the state, Bommai said.

Rural Development

The government intends the development of Gram Panchayats, rural development, improving living standards of the rural population, welfare of backwards and SC/ST communities through Amrith projects, he said.

Health and Education

Medical infrastructure has been improved during the second and third wave of Covid. The vaccination campaign has been successfully conducted. Karnataka is the first state in the country to implement the New Education Policy. A thorough change is being effected in education. Significant progress has been made in Education, Health and Social Welfare sectors. Our objective is to ensure education, employment and empowerment for the backwards, SC and ST communities, Bommai said.

The Hubli Express is on WhatsApp now, you can join the WhatsApp group by clicking the link 

https://chat.whatsapp.com/C6J8Tg5qnmn3zSkcEKOtAd

You can follow us on Facebook @HubliExpress

 

 

spot_img

Video: ADGP Alok Kumar says 80 PFI members have been taken into preventive custody

Bengaluru: According to Additional Director General of Police (ADGP) Law and Order Alok Kumar, the state police have taken more than 80 people into...

Asha Parekh to be honoured with India’s highest award in the field of cinema

Veteran Bollywood actress Asha Parekh will receive the Dadasaheb Phalke Award for 2020. On Tuesday afternoon, the news agency ANI tweeted the announcement. Asha made...

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This is the title of the web page
This is the title of the web page