Bengaluru: It was a close call for 25 passengers and the crew of a sleeper coach bus when the vigilant driver woke up the passengers who were deep asleep after seeing smoke emanating from the back end of the bus, and all of the passengers managed to leave before the fire spread over the entire vehicle.
Around 3.30 a.m., a Mangaluru-bound bus caught fire, allegedly due to a short circuit in the engine area of the bus near the Jodikere Hanuman temple on the outskirts of Yellapur town. When the driver spotted thick smoke coming from the bus, he immediately came to a halt. The passengers were alerted by the crew, and all of them made it safely without any burn injuries.
According to the Yellapur police inspector, the bus was on its way to Mangaluru from Mumbai when the incident occurred. A few travelers were able to disembark with their luggage, but the vast majority did not. According to him, the passengers continued their journey on another bus.
The Hubliexpress is now on WhatsApp you can join the group by clicking the link