Haveri: A 10-year-old kid who allegedly attempted to charge an unused mobile phone lost his right-hand fingers and suffered eye damage.
The incident occurred in Huralikoppi village, Savanur taluk on Friday. Kartik Kaladagi, a fourth-grade student, was injured.
According to reports, Kartik was playing with an old unused mobile phone at his home and attempting to charge it when it unexpectedly burst into his palm, causing injury to his fingers and eye.
Another theory claims that the child took the battery from his old phone and placed it into a new phone, and when he plugged it in to charge, it exploded.
The injured child was sent to Savanur Taluka hospital, where surgeons were unable to save his four fingers since they were beyond resurrection. They advised the parents to take their son to KIMS hospital for treatment of his damaged eye. Savanur police have yet to file a complaint in this regard.